ENGLISH LANGUAGE MATERIALS
Books (with Audio CDs, DVDs)
English for Child Care
English for Child Development
Basic Everyday Spelling
Kiss Your Accent Goodbye
Murder at Ocean View College
Phrase by Phrase Pronunciation
Practical Everyday Spelling
AmEnglish English Skills Series: 17 titles
Issues in English 2
Card Games, Board Games
Look in the Lake Pronunciation Cards
Phonics Bingo Cards
Rhyming Words Cards
Pronunciation DOs and DON'Ts
Using Your Hands to Teach Pronunciation
PRICE AND ORDERING INFO
Marsha Chan's Presentations and free learning materials
Online demo (Flash)
Connected Speech is a pronunciation program that focuses on the suprasegmentals - pause groups, pitch change, word and sentence stress, linking, syllables and the IPA. You will learn how to apply the theory to speaking and understanding natural English. This software uses speech recognition to give feedback on the learner's production.
- Teaches and tests a wide range of English pronunciation skills.
- Designed for adult learners (age 12+).
- Involves active learning.
- Use of multimedia, interactivity and feedback for effective learning of pronunciation skills
- Content rich
- Based on sound educational pedagogy
- Nine speakers present a range of English accents and speaking styles
- Natural, informal spoken English
- Three levels - Lower Intermediate, Upper Intermediate, Advanced
- Comprehension and language activities and tests based on 27 video clips
- Teaches and tests the suprasegmental features (Pause groups, Word and Sentence Stress, Pitch change and Linking)
- Teaches and tests other pronunciation skills, including Syllables and the IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet)
- Over 300 hours of activities
- Print results of voice recordings with feedback on production
- Print tutorials, worksheets, test results and answer sheets
Clear, consistent layout makes Connected Speech easy to use!
- 27 video clips
- Listen to the whole or part of a video
- Read and listen
- See hotword definitions
- Comprehend the content through questions, written and spoken cloze activities, spelling and dictation exercises
Identify suprasegmental and other features for each speaker
- Record your own production
- See, hear and print intelligent feedback on your recording
Detailed learning activities
Click to see an interactive software description.
Multi-user and and network licenses available
Ask about our free 30-day software trial.
- Multimedia computer with Windows®
- Recommended hardware, processor and RAM for your version of Windows®
- Microphone, speakers/headphones
- Install program only: 7 MB hard disk space
- Install program and copy CD-ROM to hard disk (multi-user licenses only): 185 MB