ENGLISH LANGUAGE MATERIALS
Books with Audio CDs, DVDs
English for Child Care
Basic Everyday Spelling
Kiss Your Accent Goodbye
Phrase by Phrase Pronunciation
Practical Everyday Spelling
Issues in English 2
Card Games, Board Games
Look in the Lake Pronunciation Cards
Phonics Bingo Cards
Rhyming Words Cards
Pronunciation DOs and DON'Ts
Using Your Hands to Teach Pronunciation
PRICE AND ORDERING INFO
Marsha Chan's Presentations
Phrase by Phrase
and Listening in American English
by Marsha Chan
Table of Contents Peek Pages Watch video demo
The Phrase by Phrase Student Text provides prelistening activities,
listening comprehension exercises, and detailed presentations
and how to pronounce all the sounds in the English language.
- Vocabulary Focus exercises and illustrations help
you predict the content of the passages you will listen to.
- A Listening Passage begins each lesson. All the sounds
in each lesson are contextualized in an interesting story, dialog
- Listening Comprehension exercises help you test your
ability to understand main ideas and details as well as make
inferences based on the listening passage.
- Listening Cloze exercises focus your attention on
listening to specific words and sounds in the listening passage.
- Sound Focus exercises present specific sound features
to train your ears to hear and your mouth to pronounce. Instructions
are clearly explained and demonstrated.
- Sounds in Context: Phrase by Phrase exercises allow
you to listen holistically for sounds in context, and practice
pronouncing short phrases, longer phrases, and finally complete
- The On Your Own pronunciation component encourages
learners to practice and analyze their pronunciation.
- End-of-chapter Topics for Composition provide expanded
speaking and writing opportunities.
- Expansion Activities provide learners with opportunitites to interact and practice using their new skills in a varied contexts.
What's New in the Second Edition
- Print, audio, and video materials are fully coordinated; instructions specify when and how to use the components in an integrated and effective way.
- Vocabulary and cloze items have been revised with consideration given to frequency based on corpus data.
- Sound Focus exercises have been expanded to include material previously available only on video and additional practical exercises for pairs.
Illustrations and improved formatting enhance pronunciation and listening concepts and tasks.
- New oral composition topics are provided for all chapters, and they specify the sounds to apply.
New assessment questions guide students to monitor their pronunciation of the chapter passage and the oral composition.
- A whole new section, EXPANSION ACTIVITIES, presents interactive exercises for pairs and small groups to further practice the sound focuses presented in each chapter. Included are information gaps, dialogs, games, and dictations.
- A Pronunciation Scoring Guideline provides a method for an instructor to evaluate studentsí pronunciation holistically.
- The Stress Stretch technique, well-known to participants in Marsha Chan's pronunciation workshops, is another bonus feature.